I haven’t posted a recipe for a while, so I thought I would share this one for my favourite hummus!
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 gloves garlic, minced
- splash of Olive Oil
- 2.5 c cooked or canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- ¾ c tahini or natural peanut butter
- 1.5 tbsp Braggs or soy sauce
- ½ c lemon juice OR ¼ c water + ¼ c apple cider vinegar
- ¼ c fresh parsley, chopped (I have used dried too!)
- 1 tsp salt
In a small saucepan, saute onions and garlic in a splash of oil on medium heat until onions are translucent. In a food processor, blend the onion mixture, chickpeas, tahini, Braggs, lemon juice, parsley, cumin, and salt until you reach the desired consistency.